Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Swollen bumps on vagina, pus discharge, bleeding on popping. Causes and treatment?

Hello, I am a 19 year old female, that has bumps and a swollen lump on the side of my mons pubis and around it. These bumps aren t clustered together they are spaced out somewhat like pimples . I ve had them for sometime, but never said anything, I did for a while try to pop them stupidly, and one had hair come out along with puss, while the other one made a sound like a balloon deflating and it was that loud blood came out of that one. What could this be I cannot visit the doctor anytime soon, but would like some help. I also would like knowledge as to what to ask or tell my doctor. This makes me very nervous.
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  278
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hallo I think what you have got may be bartholinitis and bartholin cyst. These are
two small glands situated at the each sides of the orifice of the vagina and opens inside triangular areas of labia minoras known as vestibules. These glands produce lubricating mucous. If you noticed pus it definitely got infected. The other one sounds like cyst. I agree it is stupid thing to do by interfering with. I would suggest you must see a gynaecologist for your problem. You may need antibiotic for infection and a small operation. Kindest regards Dr.S.K.Mukherjee
Answered: Mon, 2 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor