Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Swollen bump on thigh, unable to put pressure on leg. Will icing, elevating it help?

Hi, I fell off my bicycle and now there is a very large swollen hard bump on the front of my right thigh? It hurts pretty bad. I can t put any pressure on that leg and I can t really move it very well without using my hands. Should I have it looked at or do you think I can ice and elevate it to save the trip to the ER on thanksgiving weekend?
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
I am sorry to hear that you had a fall and large swollen bump in front of your thigh. If you are unable to walk and if the swelling is very painful and significant which is showing no signs of reducing, you may have to visit ER. As you say a hard, swollen large bump, it can be a muscle hematoma. Diagnosis can be made only after clinical examination.
Ice and elevation will give you temporary relief.
Hope this helps.
Answered: Sun, 4 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor