Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Swollen bump on leg with whitish yellow pus. Cure?

I have had a bump on the outer side of the top of my leg and last week I squeezed and and a whitish yellowish green pus came out of it I squeezed until blood came out and today it was huring and I noticed that it is clearly swollen and squeezed it again and the same type off puss is coming out but now around that spot there is an area larger than a quarter that is red and it is for sure swollen that you can see the difference from one leg to another.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  892
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

It is possible that you had an infected hair follicle (folliculitis) that may have extended to form an abscess which is a collection of pus that requires surgical drainage.
It may be best, if possible, for you to visit your doctor for an assessment and treatment.

I hope this helps
Answered: Thu, 18 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor