Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Swollen bruised ankle after an injury. Severe pain. Need to get checked out?

I ran over the back of my foot at work today with what we call a hand cart. I work for a grocery store and its what we use to put products of from cooler to sales floor. My back of my ankle automatically swolle up and bruised now every time I go to take a step on it it feels very painful and like something is pulling. Just wondering if I should have it checked out
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
As injury was blunt and , now there is swelling , it may be due to ,
Ligament tears,
infection ( bursitis),
fracture in some bone ( chip ),
Dislocation of joint ( partial).
In my opinion consult an orthopaedician and get his opinion.
Till take ibuprofen 600 mg twice in day along ranitidine .
Good luck.
Answered: Fri, 26 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor