Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Swollen areas on testicles. Need to be operated? Second opinion required?

I just came back from my Doctor who performed laproscopic surgery on my inguinal hernia . He said it either went around the mesh or there is a second one. I have two swollen areas one his hard above my left testicle and the other is bigger where the original hernia right above the first area. He now wants to operate. What are the dangers should I seek a second opinion is this normal. I am in perfect health and ride a stationary recumbent bike every day for almost two hours. no other obvious problems thanks in advance for you help. Have aetna Medicare Hmo Ins and live in smithtown NY.
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Dec 2013


I can understand your concern for the Swollen areas on testicles.

It appears form your query that after hernia operation you have developed herniation of some part of omentum which is covering of intestine which is giving small lump like appearance of the area. This area is quite common to get strangulated and intestinal obstruction because of narrow passage.

Do not try to even touch or pinch the area as can cause more aggravation of the problem and spread of the infection.

For time being period you can take pain killer tablets such diclofenac or paracetamol.

You must meet a surgeon or any family physician and get a proper treatment without delay.
Take care.
Answered: Fri, 27 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor