Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Swollen area between knuckle and finger, mild pain on applying pressure. Will ice help?

I hit my chair when I was a little mad, and the area between my middle knuckle and ring finger knuckle is swollen. However there isn t too much pain and I an move my fingers in all their normal directions. the pain when i put direct pressure on it isnt too intense. Is this something that will go away with ice and some care?
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  316
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
Yes, this should go away with application of ice and proper care. You have to keep in mind that further trauma is not advised in the region: therefore do not put pressure over the area to check if you have pain or not. Also, take analgesics as this would reduce the inflammation associated with the swelling and hasten recovery. The pain usually takes around 3-5 days to resolve but some degree of swelling might remain which would undergo spontaneous resolution.
Answered: Wed, 12 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pathologist and Microbiologist Dr. Anju Choudhary's  Response
hi there, yes what you have got is just a bruise and it will subside with some anti-inflammatory, ice pack and keeping the limb in elevated condition. You need to be care ful and not harm yourself when you are mad. Take care.
Answered: Wed, 12 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor