Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Swollen area beside buttock around stretch marks, filled with pus. Witch hazel used. Recommendations?

i have seen a small painfil swollen area on the side of my bum crack, not in the anus. it has grown bigger within the lasr 3 days. gut i qlso had stretch marks in the area seems like the swellnessis localized around those areas. looking like it's filled with puss. anything i can do to alleviate this situation? i have used whitch hazel.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  114
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
It seems you are most probably having a bacterial infection which has led to abscess formation.
To treat the same, do warm water compresses over the lesion twice in a day followed by application of antibacterial cream. If possible consult a doctor to get a prescription of oral antibiotics too. The abscess might rupture spontaneously and would heal properly under antibiotic coverage. If it des nt open up then you will have to get the lesion incised and drained.
Answered: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor