Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Swollen ankle, kindly suggest remedies

Hi, my ankle is swollen, kind of bellow the ankle and all the way around the top of my heel . It very painful to touch or walk on. I can not stretch my foot out. It has been like this for about 3 weeks and seems to be getting worse. I went to the er and had xrays and ultrasound- no broke bones and no blood clots. I need any info available. Our local hospital is horrible. I can t see my permanent general practitioner until May 2. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  250
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
ENT Specialist 's  Response
thanx for healt care magic
u have to have x ray once again some times hir line fractures are not recognised soon
and take some medicines like the hifenac sr will work as well as some antiinmflamattory gel form like vilini..anbd stp ankle movement and dont walk ..will help u and ya contact some orthopaedics will help u
Answered: Mon, 18 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Vaishali Hebbar's  Response
Hello there..
welcome to healthcare magic forum..
Please get a repeat X ray done. Your symptoms are suggestive of Fracture may be hairline which was not detected in your previous x ray.In the mean time avoid pressure on that particular foot and apply hot water bags for the swelling to reduce..
Hope this helps.
take care..
Answered: Mon, 18 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor