Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Swollen and red outer lip after eating chocolate dessert. Allergic to chocolate?

In three separate occasions after eating chocolate desserts at a restaurant (two times at Applebee s), the outer lining of my lip gets really red, swells up and stings a little for a short time and then goes away after a while. I thought maybe allergic to chocolate but it can t be, I am eating it and that is the only reaction - plus not each time I eat chocolate this happens, just at the restaurants it has happened.
Asked On : Sun, 14 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  147
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
Your signs and symptoms are suggestive for exaggerated immune response, possible allergic reaction, intolerance to any of chocolate ingredients, check out carefully those chocolate that you ate at restaurants and note all ingredients that it contain and in future avoid them and eat only those chocolate that hasn’t mentioned ingredients. You may try antihistamines medicine such Benadryl or Loratadine .
I wish you good luck and speedy recovery.
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.
Best Regards,

Answered: Sun, 14 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
yes this is a allergic reaction .but we cannot say that due to only chochlate.may be its due to over chilled rastaurant .sudden chang of temp,
Answered: Sun, 14 Oct 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor