Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Swollen after an injury by cricket ball on ankle area

Hi Doc, I am 39 years old, 5.7 height, 48 weight, I got injury by a cricket ball which hit directly my leg just above the ankle area 2 days ago and it was swollen immediately, I applied ice on it at the time of injury and then after I applied Iodex ointment (pain killer) but the swelling is still there and its paining a bit.
Asked On : Thu, 9 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  603
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
Swelling and pain indicates muscle and soft tissue injury.
You have to go for x-ray of ankle to rule out the bone injury.
Consult orthopadician for further line of treatment.
Answered: Thu, 9 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor