Switched from Clonidine to Hydralazine for BP, ever since have rebound hypertension and headaches.Is this serious?

I was on Clonidine and Lopressor for my blood pressure; the doc took me off of clonidine and put me on hydralazine; I ended up in the hospital with rebound hypertension, he then put me back on a low dose of clonidine and weaned me off. I am now on Lopressor twice a day and hydralazine 3 times a day and my blood pressure still isn't back to normal. I have been taking it for over 5 days now. How long does it take for my BP to get back to normal. I have been having headaches especially in the back of my head. BP readings have been; 161/88 pulse103; 158/93 pulse 90; 158/97 pulse 93; 157/96;pulse 88; 167/95 pulse 85; 170/98 pulse 98; 150/91 pulse 93; 185/124 pulse 86 these are readings over the last 3 days including today.
I am thinking the meds aren't working. Your opinion please. Thanks Mary Lee
YYYY@YYYY

Sat, 30 Nov 2013