Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

Swishing sound in ear, headache. Should I see a doctor?

Hi, Im 27 and have been experiencing a swishing sound in my left ear for a week. It is constant. Sometimes though It seems like its all over my head. I have always had jaw problems so I wonder if that could be the cause. It is also accompanied with a headache which could be from the anxiety and stress that the swishing sound is causing. The sound is much louder when I get out of the car after driving. Should I see a doctor or wait it out and what would they recommend? We just moved to a new state and I have not found a new doctor yet.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  293
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Do you listen to loud music in car ? If yes avoid it.
You must consult a doctor for examination and then if required a few tests can be done.The hearing tests can tell whether there is any problem with the nerves or not .
If you have cold then you need to treat that.
If the tests are normal then you may require a MRI scan.
In doubt do reply.
Answered: Wed, 27 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor