Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Swelling red spots in leg and ankles. Turns to brown and green. No fever. Reason?

my son has been getting red spots on his lower legs and ankles. They start as hive looking bumps, then turn into red/purplish bruise looking spots. They swell up like an injury. Then they turn brownish and then greenish. A few times his ankles have swollen up. The whole process takes about 2 days. Any ideas? No fever.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  95
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
He might be suffering from a condition called as urticarial vasculitis.
It is a condition characterised by pain and swelling,
It occurs due to inflammation of vessels.
He may require treatment with steroids

Let me know if you have any other doubt.
you can ask a direct question to me on this forum, following the below link.

Wishing you a good health.
Thank you
Answered: Sat, 15 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor