Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Swelling on the testicles. Had double bypass surgery. What are the causes and treatment?

72 year old male had double bypass surgery in Nov. now has exteme swelling of testicles the size of melans ....Wont go to the pain, how urgent is teatment recommended and possible causes. Thank you for your response... and any help I can pass on to his wife to entice him to seek treatment would be appreciated.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  98
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
If the scrotum is very much enlarged,it could be Hydrocele.
Clinical examination by surgeon will confirm the diagnosis.
If the swelling is huge,it has to be operated soon.
If it is of mild to moderate size,he can wait.
As he has undergone bypass surgery in Nov,it is better to consult Cardiologist and proceed for surgery.
There is no time limit for surgery as hydrocele is not an emergency condition
Wish him good health
Answered: Sun, 5 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor