Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Swelling on the face, black eye after an injury to face. Small dent on the cheeks. Will it go away?

my 21 month old daughter fell from the couch and fit her cheek on the coffee table. she never passed out and was back playing again later that night. no bleeding but it swelled and she got a black eye the next day. it has been about 3 weeks now and the black eye and all the swelling are gone. she seems to have a small dent in her cheek from the fall. do you think it will go away? when she smiles the dent is more visible.
Asked On : Tue, 11 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  165
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
dear bigappleprice, hello.
balck eye is very common in head or facial injury due to structure of the skin around the eye. it usually heals by itself in few weeks time as can be seen in your daughter's case. the small dent or scar on the cheek will also fill up by itself as she grows and might go away depending upon the depth of the 'dent'.
Answered: Tue, 11 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor