Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Swelling on leg, no pain. Who should I consult or would it recover by itself?

I have a swelling on the back of my leg from past 3 days.
It started on its own. I am not in any injury.No mark of any kind on skin.
On first day I am feeling pain in it, But now I doesn't have any pain, But swelling increase till ankle now.
I am not sure what happen and who to consult or it will recovered on its own same way it happen
Thanks in advance.
-Nitesh Jain
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The swelling on the leg with pain could be related to an inflammation in the area or deep vein thrombosis since there is no history of injury. You need to consult a physician for examination and necessary investigations to find the cause.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Sun, 23 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor