Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
139 Doctors are Online

Swelling of face, pain in ear above cheek, suffering from cold, cough. Advice?

hello doctor...i been suffering from swelling on my half left face.coz of this i get pain in my ear over my eye and cheek.wenever the weather change i get suffer from cold and cough .cos of this pain m not able to sleep well.please advice to whom i can show my this broblem so that i can get a rid from this pain forever...if it persist so one day i will not able to spend my life like a normal person
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Aug 2013
hello and welcome to health care magic,

I am Dr Sriram Nathan and I will try to help you out with your problem

You seem to either have developed an infection of the parotid gland or the node along the front of the ear or a sinusitis. In any case do these:

1. Take steam inhalation with menthol at least three times a day for a week

2. take a course of antibiotic like amox-clav 625 for five days in consultation with your doctor.

3. Take a pain killer with serratiopeptidase combination in consultation with your doctor.

4. Apply hot fomentation over the area

5. Look out for any dental infection or problem and get a dental consultation if you find any

6. Take only warm water and fluids and do not take anything cold

if you do not get better in a week or so then you must consult an ENT surgeon as soon as possible


Dr Sriram Nathan
Answered: Fri, 22 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor