Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Swelling in the palms of right hand, moving restricted. Advice?

I punched my chair in a fit of anger, and now i have swelling about an inch above the wrist on the pinky side of my right hand . it hurts to grasp anything tightly, and movement is restricted (Can not bend the wrist back past the straight position without great difficulty/pain) otherwise I can move all fingers fine without issue, so long as I dont over extend my fingers. Is this something which will pass on it s own accord, or something which i would need medical attention for. I d only just done it about 7 hours ago, so since it happened it has improved. However, i haven t the money at present to seek medical attention.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  420
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and thanks for the query
First of all immobilize you wrist by some support like cardboard and keep the forearm elevated.
Can take analgesic drugs and anti-inflammatory drugs to control pain.
Do not try to massage the site.
If you swelling and pain reduces with in 2-3 days than you can start slight movement and see whether painful or not. Else you have to go for X-ray and rule out any type of fracture. If your symptoms increases or become worse and does not resolve in 2-3 day. you must consult your doctor for further investigations.
Best Wishes
Answered: Wed, 17 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor