Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Swelling in the groin, advised perineal abcess. Will this help ?

Hi i went to see a doctor today about a swelling that i have in my groin , ive had perianal abscess before and he said that this time they would be cutting out the gland there as it does not drain properly, can you tell me the name of it please because ive forgotten! I d also like to know if this will affect me in any way having it removed. Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  94
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed abscess in the groin secondary to perineal abscess.

This needs to be incised and drained to have effective drainage and recovery,

Please consult qualified General surgeon for clinical examination a d further treatent.

Answered: Tue, 30 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor