Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Swelling in the face, legs and hands. Suffering from paralysis and mental illness. Any recommendation for exercises for walking again?

hi my nani is facing from left side parlysis n her age is more than 50 she is some what mentally distured too n her left leg is swallen n face too some what ;n excessive pain to upper n lower limbs n she dont allow any doctor for her treatment if u can recommend any excercise so that she can walk again.
Sat, 26 Oct 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.

Your grandmother must consult physiotherapist having experience in neurological rehabilitation techniques. Such exercises are individual based and need to be taught actively in the beginning. Then she can be taught the same at home.

Some exercises for arms are

Move the arm through its full range of motion at least three times a day.
Gently stretch tighter muscles to a point of slight discomfort.
Then hold the stretch for at least 60 seconds.

The legs can be mobilised slowly in the beginning while on the bed and progress can be made under supervision to walk with support.

Hope this helps
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor