Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Swelling in submandibular gland, pain on touching, choked on a piece of food. Treatment?

Hi! I have a swelling in submandibular gland that appeared half an hour ago. It is uncomfortable and painful at touch. How can i minimize the swelling? What is the cause of it? Oh and right before it happened i was eating and i had a feeling like a piece of food got stuck in my mouth(i know that probably didn t happen, but that s the easiest way to explaing the feeling). Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  104
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
Check out with your doctor to see if you have pharyngitis or infection in the throat. This typically causes a sensation of lump in the throat and pain on swallowing. Also, because of the infection the submandibular lymph nodes enlarge and these would also be tender. You would possibly need antibiotics, warm saline gargles and analgesics to get relief from your symptoms but first you should consult a doctor to confirm the diagnosis.
Answered: Fri, 21 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor