Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Swelling in right breast, sharp stabbing breast pain, underarm pain, headaches. Causes for symptoms?

My right breast has doubled in size in only 3 days, I have sharp stabbing pains through the breast and a constant paid on the right side near the underarm . The breast is also itchy and I am now having severe headaches. I went for a mammogram yesterday that did not show anything. Could this be just an infection? The breast is not red nor warm to the touch.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
A sudden increase in the size of the breast with pain and a normal mammogram is likely to be due to an infection in the area. Taking oral anti inflammatory medicines and a hot fomentation will help in relieving the symptoms.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Mon, 4 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor