Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Swelling from ear down to jawbone, severe discomfort. What could it be?

this morning I woke up and there was swelling ..a hard large spot from the front of my left ear down to my jawbone didnt hurt until i realized it was there now I am finding it uncomfortable but still not much pain..last night during superbowl my jaw would stick when I was chewing and now its swollen and hard..can you tell me what it could be?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Thanks for using HCM.

Swelling in front of ear could be a lymph node or parotid swelling.Which can be differentiated by examination.
Any infection in ear can result in enlarged lymph node. Treatment for infection reduces lymph node size slowly.
Parotid swelling needs to be evaluated for any stones or lump. ultrasound examination is useful. Further management depends on it.

Consult a doctor for examination.

Hope this helps you.

Answered: Wed, 27 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor