Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Swelling, discoloration on the little finger, difficulty in bending or straightening, used cold compress. What treatment should be taken?

I was doing my backhandsprings in cheerleading and i mustve landed weird or something because my pinky hurt really bad after! It got really swollen, purple and blue, i cant straighten it all the way and i can barely bend it. It hurts really bad but i kept stunting and tumbling for another hour which i think made it worse. My friend said i probably tore a ligament but i have no idea. Ive iced it but i dont know if i should see a doctor or get xrays. Its just really painful for me!!!
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  100
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would suggest you to see a doctor and get x ray of the affected side as there is high chances that it can be a.fracture. It will need bandage even if there is no fracture so no harm in going to doctor. Till that time avoid any movement and take Brufen tablet for pain relief and Diclofenac ointment,
Answered: Mon, 7 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor