Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

Swelling below nostrils, sensitivity in area. Not taken valtrex. Treatment?

Hello I am 46. I just flew internationally to XXXX. I have no known allergies. I do, on occasion have herpes outbreaks on my nose (the tip, side, or sometimes on the immediate inside of my nostril . Yesterday after arriving, and as the day progressed, I felt a bit of tenderness, which is usually the sign of the start of an outbreak. I did not take a Valtrex. Now about 12 hours later, I have swelling immediately below each nostril with sensitivity in the area. The point that is most sensitive is the area between the two nostrils. I also have a feeling of congestion. No sensitivity on the outer edges of each nostril. No swelling or pain in the areas immediately around the area.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  91
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
i think these are alleric sinusitis which causes off and on fruncles which look like viral
i think get xray pns wters view
i you get sinuses treat accordingly to prevent recurences
due to allergic change o temp increases this condition
apply neomycin h eye ointment inside nose bd regularly
take metrogyl 200 mg bd for 7 days
take antiallergic allegra 120 mg od
and diclo sos as painkiller
it will subside
but consult doctor after geting pns waters view x ray
Answered: Wed, 29 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor