Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Swelling around knee, noticed a lump. Is there anything I can do?

Hello, After getting hit in the thigh during a rugby match i thought i had a dead leg. Swelling developed around my knee and now this has subsided it appears to have moved up my leg and i am left with a firm lump just above my knee and towards the inside more than the outer part of my thigh. It never bruised but was tender to begin with. Is there anything i can do or should be worried about?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  220
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi margaret ! Look like internal bleeding. Ok ! Here is what to do! Give hot compress if not open wound, apply painkilling spray. Take pain killer if still pain. Now after doing all thing still having lump and hurt then need doctor consult. Be safe bye.
Answered: Thu, 13 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query.

From description , this lump most probably formed due to haematoma formation which might get fibrosed or calcified.

It will take few weeks to months to get disappear.

I suggest you to consult an orthopaedician nearby for a detailed examination of swelling. You may get the X-ray of the area affected under his/her guidance.

Meanwhile give hot fomatation over it, You can take Tablet Motrin 1 tablet with food as and when required (upto 4 tablets daily).

Wishing you good health.
Dr saurabh Gupta
Answered: Thu, 13 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Bhagavan S's  Response
swelling over knee, thigh, leg. pain are intermitent ,pain present throughout the day ,movement is restricted or not ,can walk freely or not. investigation x ray of knee and leg portion
treatment diclofinac 100mg tab morning and evening for 5 days . if x ray shows any positive finding pls consult orthopedician
Answered: Thu, 13 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor