Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Swelling around ankles, cannot elevate the feet. On Alodipine, had subarachnoid hemorrhage. Use rum to cope stress. Causes ?

I had a subarachnoid haemorrhage five months ago and now have swelling around my ankles. I am on 5 mg of Alodipine a day and my blood pressure has been well controlled, always under 130/80. I commute four hours a day and work 8 hours, five days a week. Consequently I cannot elevate my feet for 13 hours a day. Am I working too hard after this stroke thus causing the puffiness around my ankles or is it the Amlodpine. For the first three months post stroke I had no ankle swelling. I have been having the occasional rum to cope with the stress of work, could this be contributing as well? I am 57 years old and was told in hospital that my heart and kidneys are fine.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  36
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The mild puffiness around your ankles can be due to your ambulatory work, standing for long time during the day or an increased salt intake. Try to keep your feet elevated on a stool while sitting and reduce your salt intake.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Tue, 12 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor