I had an allergy test yesterday. The scratch test, which consisted of dipping a multipronged plastic device into the allergins and then pushed hard on my forearm, produced large welts on my arm and allergy was noted. I was given reactin at the time. The swelling and redness has continued and worsened since yesterday. I went to a walkin clinic and was prescribed a steroid topical and benedrl which I have used since last night. The redness and swelling have increased and the itching is unbearable. Might this be an infection? The technician was new, I was her first ever patient! Thank you for your help!