• question-icon

Swelling and redness after allergy test. Prescribed topical steroid and Benedryl. Infection?

I had an allergy test yesterday. The scratch test, which consisted of dipping a multipronged plastic device into the allergins and then pushed hard on my forearm, produced large welts on my arm and allergy was noted. I was given reactin at the time. The swelling and redness has continued and worsened since yesterday. I went to a walkin clinic and was prescribed a steroid topical and benedrl which I have used since last night. The redness and swelling have increased and the itching is unbearable. Might this be an infection? The technician was new, I was her first ever patient! Thank you for your help!
Mon, 3 Jun 2013
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
these are th allergens we inject in body you are exposed to large number of allergens and if you have many allergies the conition become like this
it takes 3 week to subside allergy when exposed to allergen to whic yu are you start with docxycycline 100 mg bd for 5 days to counter ifection if any
continue local application as many times as you want
start with antiallergic fexofenadine 120 mg bd for 2 wk
if not controlled take short couse and taper it of oral steroids
dont worry it hppens in many cases