Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Swelling and pain in the arm from where blood was drawn. Could it be something else?

Hi about a year ago I had blood drawn and my inner arm hasn t been the same it s not really painfully but a little sore to the touch. It looks little swollen and larger than the other side if I press there I don t feel a perfect shadows lump but just thickness could it be the result of blood being drawn that long ago or something else?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  111
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
Pain and swelling at bleed sit can occur dure to puncture of vein and perivasular accumalation of blood and subsquent inflammation during and after bleediing of blood .This pain and swelling cannot remain for one year.I would suggest you to consult you to consult a physician who will be able to examine you to determine what exactly this swelling can be.
Hope this answers your question.
Answered: Mon, 25 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor