Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

Swelling and pain in cheeks due to pus in molar teeth. No relief with antibiotics. Should I remove the teeth or continue medicine?

hi i have pus in my molar teeth since 1 month. resulted heavy pain and swelling on my cheek. then i consulted a doctor, he offered me some antibiotic medicine for 3 days. i have applied the same for 3 days then i will go fine. but after 10-15 days. the same thing is again happen in my teeth. could you pl. advise me i have to out the teeth or continue with the medicine.
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  246
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Oncologist 's  Response
Dear Raman,
I feel you are not following the advice of your doctor completely. Taking antibiotic for three days is not sufficient. You have root infection with underlying bone involvement. You are lucky that you are responding to the antibiotics which your doctor is prescribing you . As you stop the treatment possibly without your doctors advice and there is recurrence of the infection and you suffer from infection with pain and swelling again. To wipe out the underlying infection you need to take full course of antibiotics.
Please follow strictly the advice of your dentist.
Dr. J. Ticku
Answered: Fri, 25 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist Dr. Gunjan Gupta's  Response
hello raman,
you did not tell in which molar you have the same problem.if this is wisdom tooth,i will suggest you go for extraction.if not,i will suggest you please go to an endodontics and go for complete examination done including x-ray and go for a proper treatment.because endodontics deals with the problems related to teeth need root canal treatment.and please follow all the given instructions properly.nothing to get worried.take care
Dr.Gunjan Gupta
Answered: Mon, 25 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Kamal Hasan's  Response
hi.u need to get an iopa and opg xray done for the infected tooth.and the involved tooth should be treated either by doing rct or extraction.only antibiotics and analgesics will not help u.wish u good health
Answered: Sun, 24 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor