Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Swelling and pain after fall, ankle bruising. Have RA. Should I get this checked?

I fell going up some stairs 2 weeks ago. I still have swelling and pain at the injury spot. However, I also have a large amount of brusing that is all around my ankle. It is black, purple and frankly looks like the kind of bruising you get with a fracture . My issue is my ankle does not hurt. Initially I thought it was just the blood draining from my injury. I should mention that I have RA and have been on long term steriods now for 6 years. Do I need to get this checked out. The pain has gotten better and the brusing appears to be getting better too. Do you think I should get this looked at?
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

Thanks for posting your query.

Yes you need to get this checked out.

This might be soft tissue injury or a minute fracture.

So you may need an xray to rule out fracture.

Hope I have answered your query.

Answered: Sat, 6 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor