Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Swelling and bruising on the hand after punching on a wall. Normal x-ray. Need treatment?

I sometimes get abit angry and when I do i tend to punch a wall when that happens my hand swells, there is a lot of bruising and I feel like i have broken it I have had many xrays over time and nothing comes up tonight I tried to use my hand to brake ice and it now hurts like it has other times and is starting to swell a little bit is there something going on and or something i can do
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  199
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
don't repeat the same mistake.swelling may be due to either soft tissue injury like muscle or ligament damage or it may be due to fracture of bone,so better confirm with digital x-ray as only hairline crack may not be clearly visible in normal x icing for 10 minutes continuously 2 hour interval .within 48 hours after injury u should do the icing then go for hot water dip.but repeating again don't punch if u r not professional puncher.
Answered: Sun, 28 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor