Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Swelling and bruise in the eye after an injury. Do I need to consult a doctor?

I was hit on the right side of my face near my nose and eye and had a small bruise under my lower eyelid then several hours later i took a shower and blew my nose and my eye immediately swelled up and became more bruised. I ve been applying ice to the area. Is this something i can take care of on my own or should i be concerned and go see a doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Nov 2012
You should show immediately to eye surgeon and get a Ct scan done, as swelling after blewing is due to air entry around the eye this suggests a fracture of the orbital bones, kindly meet an ophthalmic plastic surgeon.
Answered: Sat, 17 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor