Sweating, shortness of breath, dizziness, nausea, heart pounding, blurred vision. Causes for symptoms?

Last night, I had this weird episode of becoming really hot, broke out in a sweat, became light headed and short of breath, felt dizzy, sick to my stomach , but didnt get sick, loud ringing in my ears, heart was pounding and felt like it was racing, vision started to black out, and felt like I might pass out at any moment. When I was able to get myself to the bed, the symptoms started to pass, I was drenched in sweat, but my breathing returned to normal, and body cooled down and was now freezing because of the sweat, but within 5 minutes of laying down, I felt better. The whole episode lasted maybe 10 - 15 minutes. What was that all about?
Tue, 25 Sep 2012