• question-icon

Sweating after taking Bisoprolol for high blood pressure, dizziness, high heart rate

Hi, I just discharged from hospital for high blood pressure, dizziness, and high heart bit rate. At first the doctor gave me amlodipine, that controlled my blood pressure but my heart beat rate still high, 100 to 125 per minutes. So, they switched to bisoprolol, half a tablet, both blood pressure and heat beat rate are under controlled, 125/85 and 85/min. I was discharged , just two days ago. However, the doctor increases the dosage of bisoprolol to the whole tablet, ie., double the dosage. Within the one hour after taking the medicine, my blood pressure increases to 180/110 but heart beat rate remains at 80/min and I sweat a lot. After the one hour, the blood pressure goes to 140/95. I also have the same thing when I go to bed at night and wake up in the morning. These go for yesterday and today. Please advise.
Mon, 25 Nov 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. forum.
I would come up with these possibilities for high blood pressure , these includes.
1 Essential hypertension as till now cause of blood pressure is not known .Only you mentioned the various reading .In all these reading lower B P i.e. diastolic B P is very high .Diagnosis can be confirmed by E K G & EC HO of heart .
2 The main cause of dizziness and & erratic heart beat is no doubt a side effect of Bisoprolol i.e. beta blockers .
3 As you didn't mention the age and diabetic history ,if any , also mention.
In my opinion in such type of erratic heart rate and fluctuating B P consult a cardiologist and sort out this problem as early as possible.
Good luck Dr. HET