Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Swallowed chimichanga, hard part. Unable to cough it out. Have soreness and pain. Help?

Two days ago I swallowed the hard, end piece of a chimichanga. It got stuck in my throat . I was able to breath but the food wouldn t move. I coughed to bring it up ... when that didn t work I tried drinking something to help it go down. It wasn t until my husband gave me one blow to my back in an upward motion while I bent over and coughed. The piece was dislodged but I am now I am experiencing extreme soreness/pain in the area of the gland in my neck upward through the jaw and under the ear. What can I do to lessen this pain?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for contacting HCM
You have soreness and pain after Swallowed chimichanga, hard part, there for you may take short course of antibiotic such as azithromycin for 3 days with anaesthetic gel such as MUCAIN GEL.


Dr Hariom Sharma
Answered: Sat, 20 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor