Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Swallowed a piece of gum by accident, can sense it behind throat. How to retrieve it?

Hmmm I accidentally swallowed a piece of gum and can feel it at the back of my throat . I (tried to) vomit to see if it released and pieces of food eaten came up (from yesterday) but can still feel the gum. It doesn t feel like its too far down. Is there something I can do to gentle retrieve without going to doctor? It feels like it could be easy to come up if I know how :(
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
try again by keeping your finger inside the throat where you can local it simultaneously externally by another finger.
if you vomit again you may get the gum out.
if you still think that the piece is still inside, you should probably go to an ent specialist to clear up the doubt whether it is stuck or it is just your feeling.

drink hot water if you have pain.
Answered: Wed, 17 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor