Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Suspicion of suffering with HOCD, get obsessive unacceptable thoughts. How can I detect it?

I think i might be suffering from HOCD. Its the fear of being gay. I think i have ocd. My dad has ocd and im positive i have it too. I tell myself that if i dont do something a certain way, something will happn to a loved one. Also, i have obsessive unacceptable thoughts. Like i cant get a disturbing thought or image out of my head. Please reply soon.
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hi addie ,

Family h/o OCD
you have obsessive compulsive thoughts (doubts)
fear of being Gay (ego dystonic)

Kindly meet Nearest Psychiatrist . He may advice you to take a SSRI drug (eg:fluoxetiene) & Regular psychotherapy (Exposure & response prevention therapy). you will better within few weeks to months .

All the Best

Answered: Tue, 4 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor