Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Suspected grandular fever. Blood test abnormal. Worry?

i have just been told my blood test results have come back abnormal think i was was tested 4 nearly everything , with suspect glandular fever , i have to go back in two wks for a no- fasting blood tests......(i had not eaten since night b4 when i had last blood tests)...i have a 5yr old grandson and also work in end of life care, with also not so ill olderly people. Can i still have my grandson and go to work , i still really dont feel well , so tired all the time , plus a little worried about test results.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
Glandular fever is a very common condition caused by EB virus.
Most signs and symptoms ease within a few weeks, but it may be two to three months before you feel completely normal. The more rest you get, the sooner you should recover. Returning to your usual schedule too soon can increase the risk of a relapse.
As long as you can manage you can have your grandson and go to work .
Better ask your doctor when it's safe for you to resume your normal level of activity. Your doctor may recommend a gradual exercise program to help you rebuild your strength .
There is no need to get undue worried about test results.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
Answered: Sat, 30 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor