Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Suspected Paranoid Schizophrenia, anxiety disorder, bad dellisions. Possible problem. Whom to consult?

Hello my name is Emily and I used to see a psychiatrist . While there he said he thought I had Paranoid Schizophrenia , he ended up passing away and now I am searching for a new psychiatrist for me to attend. I am not sure what Specialities the psychiatrist needs to have. I see a lot of Anxiety Disorders when i check their Specialities . But for my case I am not sure what to look for. I have gotten worse. I now have bad dellisions, here things, and am suffereing from a Voice in my head. I am currently searching for a professional in the Chesapeake, VA area and am coming up lost. What do you suspect I should do?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  89
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Hi there, thanks for asking. Every psychiatrist can treat the problem you mentioned and it is very important for you to restart the medication as soon as possible. Paranoid subtype of schisophrenia has the best prognosis among all the subtypes of schisophrenia. When your situation becomes stabilized, the dose of the medication could be lowered enough to avoid any short term side effect (like tremors, rigidity, dry mouth, overly sedation) and also potentially long term side effects (like change in metabolism or irreversible movement disorders). They may even discontinue the medication in its own time. I wish you the best health.
Answered: Sat, 16 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor