Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Surgical abortion done. Started back pain and abdominal pain. What's going on?

I had a surgical abortion on the 2oth. This day I had extreme back pain and lower abdominal pain , but of course this as normal. They told me to take IP and Tylonol to relieve this pain and use a heating pad . I felt fine the following day and this trend continued for three days. Now, out of nowhere, I woke up in the middle of the night on the 25th with extreme pain just like the day I had it done. My thighs hurt, my back hurts and my stomach hurts almost to the point where I want to cry.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Dec 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  151
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.
Usually after D&C it will take sometime for complete secession of bleeding and pain.
This depends on the gestational age when the procedure was performed and the possibility of infection etc.
But as you are having severe pain better to consult gynecologist once and get re-examined and if needed go for ultrasound to rule out the possibility of pelvic inflammatory disease or retained products.
Take care.

Answered: Fri, 28 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Himanshu Pandey's  Response
Hi aml ! For quick relief take diclofenac tab for pain, and dicyclomine tab for abdominal muscles cramp. Then next day meet the doctor who done abortion, about your complication. Take care. Bye.
Answered: Fri, 28 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Although some pain and cramping is normal for 2 to 3 weeks after a surgical abortion but a severe pain may be an indication of some internal organ damage caused by the procedure or it could be infection or it could be because of clots.
I advise you to consult your doctor immediately and get yourself examined to look for the cause and subsequent treatment.
Answered: Fri, 28 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor