Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Surgery of eyes. Seek help from a different doctor?

Hi..want to know the medical term where the surgery is performed to change color of your eyes I had done this procedure in 2010 and need to know..need to get my eyes examined and my doctor is not available till dec and been experiencing extreme sensitivity to sunlight and using eyedrops doesnt seem to help me that much.I need to see another eye specialist who is aware of these kind of procedures and who could exam my eyes..My doctor who performed this surgery is not a local as i have to travel to see him.In my current condition I have to see another doctor who would able to alleviate my problem.Thank you omarblue74@ma
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
laser- in that surgery laser destroy the melanin in the eye- eye is blasted with a laser targeting the iris and stopping the pigment cells from producing their brown colouring. Underneath the brown pigment is a natural blue colour, which is revealed once all the pigment has been neutralised, which takes around two weeks of treatments
or iris implants- using iris implants is not approved by FDA- but implant can be used for those persons who would want to permanently change the color of their eyes of cosmetic reasons
you might have undergone laser as melanin is good for sunlight, hence you are having problem
you can use dark googles in sunlight which will prevent uv rays entering your eyes
take care
Answered: Thu, 22 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor