Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Surgery for phimosis.

I am an 18 year old looking for any surgery where the penis, the fore skin is reduced and so if you could tell me what is the surgery and how much would it cost.
Asked On : Fri, 2 Oct 2009
Answers:  2 Views:  1819
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
  User's Response
The surgical removal of the foreskin of the penis is called CIRCUMCISION. It is commonly done for a condition called Phimosis wherein the foreskin cannot be properly retracted on to the glans( red part ). It is best to perform the operation within the first 2 to 3 weeks after birth(Congenital Phimosis), as it can become more complicated at an older age. Circumcised men may also be at lower risk for penile cancer, although the disease is rare in both circumcised and uncircumcised males. Circumcision is one treatment for balanitis or Balanoposthitis. There are claims that circumcision either lessens or heightens the sensitivity of the tip of the penis, decreasing or increasing sexual pleasure later in life but there are no documented evidences for either. It carries less severe risks - as does any surgical procedure. The most frequent are minor bleeding and local infection, both of which can be easily treated. The person can resume normal activities within a day as it is a day care surgery in most settings. The sex can be resumed after a month. Post circumcision you would need to consult the doctor if any of these are seen persistent bleeding, redness around the tip of the penis that gets worse after 3 days, fever, pus-filled blisters, not urinating normally within 6 to 8 hours after the circumcision. The cost of the procedure would range from Rs. 7000/- to Rs 8000/- INR. It has variations depending on the surgeon and the hospital settings.
Answered: Sun, 4 Oct 2009
  User's Response
Can you please suggest any hospital or doctor in Delhi
Answered: Sun, 15 Aug 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor