Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Surgery done for tumor in the spine. Developed water filled boil on spine. Any suggestion?

Dear Sirs, First of all my regards to the entire community of doctors who are working for such a good cause. My grandpa had a surgery of back due to a tumour in the spine around 10 years back. After that he could not move at all without support. Now suddenly since the last 3 months he has developed another boil sort of thing and transparent water like fluid is oozing out of his spine. He had many tests including MRI but no result. Doctors suspected bone TB but then rejected. May please advise. Regds S G Ghosh India
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hope a pathologic exam was done to elucidate the type of tumour. Also it important to do a work up to know whether the tumour is spread already if at all it is malignant
How ever, from what you describe, evn if a histopathologic exams ruled out spine TB, it is still very possible it should be spine TB.A good number of patients with spine TB have negative hisotpathologic results, and indirect measures are usually used. Anti TB drugs are not expensive and are generally harmless. I believe it is worthwhile discussing with your surgeon on putting the patient on a trial anti TB treatment and checking for the clinical response.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD
Answered: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor