Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Surgery done for D 12 fracture and cord compression. Not able to move foot fingers. Worrisome

Sir, I had a D 12 fracture on 31st DEC 2012 and cord compression. I underwent a surgery and bone is rejoined. I am able to move my legs up and down and also right left.but I am not able to move my foot fingers and ankle front and back.I am also not able to control my stools and am not able to pass urine .at present I have pipe inserted for passing suggest some tips /exersises so that I can overcome these problems. Thanking you, Rafique bhatt
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  57
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello, you are just one one month post surgery, you will still have the effects of cord compression the symptoms will go eventually depending if the surgery was successful.
i would suggest get some physiotherapy done and some pelvic floor exercises which will help to strengthen your muscles and will be able to control your stools
hope have answered your query
Answered: Wed, 30 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor