Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
185 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Surgeries for sphincter

I need to go to my gastro specialist but need a referral from my primary. I have had 2 surgeries for sphincter of oddi and I am have severe pain and discomfort. I have lost 20 lbs over the last 3-4 months. My primary wants to start testing all over because he is getting normal lab results. I have been through this before and believe that if I can get to my gastro, he can settle out what is wrong. How can I get directly to him if the primary won t refer me?
Thu, 17 Mar 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
You will have to explain your problem to the primary as your problem can only be solved by the gastro specialist who has operated you. Also, it is common to lose such a considerable weight after a gastro surgery.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I had an external hemorrhoid removed 62 years ago at the age of 15. It was painful! Fifty six years ago, I another hemorrhoid surgery. Very little...

Recent questions on  Sphincter of ampulla

doctor1 MD

I have a history in sphincter of oddi and pancreatitis. I've been having very loose stools with severe cramping that causes back pain and horrible...

doctor1 MD

I am recovering from a pretty severe attack of sphincter of oddi dysfunction which began Thursday night. It is the first time this has happened to...

doctor1 MD

Hello, 3 yrs ago I had my appendix removed, 2 weeks ago I had my gallbladder removed an in a few days I find out if I need surgery on my sphincter...

doctor1 MD

Hi I woke up last night with pain in my right side, it was so intense I felt like I should sit up. I did but the sweating and pain was quite bad I...

doctor1 MD

I have occasionally severe left upper quadrant and epigastric attacks,,I had my GB taken out and an ercp and sphincterotomy,,have discovered an...