Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Surface split near tailbone, soreness, stings when moving, purple color. What could this be?

Hi, I am a healthy 16 year old girl and for the past few day s i have noticed that an inch down from my tail bone, spanning about an inch itself, i have a surface split. it doesn t bleed at all but it s very sore and stings when i move around too much. it s slightly purple in colour... looks more like a bruise rather than a split, what could this be?, and how can i get rid of it?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response

You are having fissure and erythema in upper part of intergluteal fold. Most probably it is candidal infection superadded with bacterial infection. It is painful condition and you may be having mild itching.
In such condition I usually advise to test blood to rule out DM,HIV and anaemia.
You have to improve hygiene by using dettol liquid, take sitz bath in dettol water.
Apply antibiotic cream like mupirocin, avoid soap bath, take antibiotics, antifungal and anti inflammatory drugs.
Keep the area dry. After healing of fissure, use clotrimazole powder to cure the the fungal infection and to prevent the relapse of disease.

I feel, you might improve , but take treatment under supervision of dermatologis.

I hope you got my answer.
Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Answered: Fri, 23 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor