Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Sunburn on face, neck, arms, chest. Cure, regain tone?

i am a dark brown skinned woman in her 40s i was in florida and failed to use suncreen for a couple of days cause it irritated i have the worst ever sunburn on my chest, neck , face and arms. Its been 2 days since returning from florida and i am in so much pain. HELP,What should i do to relieve the pain and get to my original brown tone!
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  78
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
To treat your sun burn
Do cold water compresses of the area
Apply steroid cream over affected area
If lesions are too painful, take oral antiinflammatory pain killer like Brufen
The lesions would resolve gradually. If not having much relief, consult a dermatologist to take a course of oral steroids.

Hope that helps. Take care
Answered: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for writing to us.
You might try these to relieve your symptoms-
Avoid sun exposure .
Apply sunscreen with SPF 50 .
Do frequent icing of the area .
Apply calamine or aloe vera gel to soothe the burning sensation.
Apply mild topical steroid like fluticasone over swollen red areas.
Hope that answers your query.
Take care.
Answered: Fri, 10 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor