Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Suicidal thoughts, depression. What is cure?

i m 40 year old lady having one son of 13 years. my husband is in love with other lady since about 10 years who have 2 sons. now since 2 years i come to know this. my husband is blaming me for very small matter of house or family. then torchers me that you r not doing properly or sleeping whole day. he don t allow me to do job or extra activity. he says, if i will start earning, i will go to my daddy s home. yesterday he told me that some of his friends r doing well today due to their hardwork and he is diverted on wrong track. so can t expand his business of construction,interior. now i can t understand how to behave with this guy. some times i feel that he will suiside.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand that you have been having a tough time handling your husband's mood swings and feel like he is at the end of his ropes and is contemplating ending his life and has depression. I concur with you regarding his wanted to be treated. I feel that you have been stressed out yourself with his extramarital affairs. I suppose you both need to see a family therapist who can help you both out with your marital discord and also have you guys be referred to a qualified psychiatrist so that you can benefit from being treated appropriately with psychotropic medications as well as counseling.

I hope my answer helped. Take care and have a good day !
Answered: Tue, 19 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor