Suhhest treatment for constipation in children

Ihave a 10month old grandchild who is suffering with constipation my own daughter had the same problem as a baby and was seen by a specialist who put her on liquid paraffin and she was on this for approx. 2 yrs with regular 6month check ups and each 6months the dose would b reduced until after 2 yrs she no longer need it my grandchild is now taking it is this ok
Thu, 10 Apr 2014
hi,
warm regards from healthcaremagic
Constipation in infants is passage of hard stool and not one stool in 2 days.Constipation post infancy is common.But at 10 months not very common.you need to change diet.NO BISCUITS,BUFFELO MILK,APPLE,BANANA,POMOGRANATE. give more liquids,water,one wati soup,one fruit daily.Liquid paraffin is not very safe in infants.Long term use of it out of question.Instead lactulose is better option.If problem persists then she needs to be investigated.Hope this will help you in better understanding
regards
dr prashant mahajan